Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Touché Tuesday Advice Column

It's been a minute since the last Touché Tuesday Advice Column! Need some Whitfield Awesome advice (about anything)? Fill out this form 


Dear Jen,
I just moved far away from home for college. I'm also a little shy. Do you have any suggestions for meeting new friends?
Sincerely, Party of One

Dear Party of One,
Not so very long ago I was a new-to-college girl with tons of friends (if you count inanimate objects). You came to the right advice column!

I made all of my friends by going directly to class, doing homework at lunchtime and not joining clubs. If you would like to take a more direct indirect (that's not a typo) approach, try AIRing. Walk up to a small group of people and throw out a subject followed by "am I right?" They'll go one way or the other before you make a commitment.  For example:
  • Spot a few nerds? Say "Ben Affleck as Batman, am I right?"
  • Catch up to a few jocks during your run? Say "sports words, am I right?"
  • See a pack of hott girls chewing gum and not saying much? Say "Miley Cyrus, am I right?"
  • Spy a gaggle of music lovers? Say "vinyl, am I right?"
  • Eyeball an environmentalist? Say "reusable bags, am I right?"
  • Professors the only people that will talk to you now? Say "vodka in a water bottle, am I right?"
AIRing isn't about compromising your beliefs. If the new people you happen upon turn out terrible, peace out. You have a 50/50 chance of the next group turning out great. 

Or just buy a few pizzas and open your door. 

♥ Jen

Thirsty? Head over to my food blog, Turning Mediterranean for a fresh raspberry soda

7 comments:

  1. AIRing is a great way to make friends. I do it even now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great graphic! Sadly, guys don't wear enough banana yellow shirts with hot-pink script lettering, am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://goo.gl/TeCinB back on for a final show? Amiright?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I could be dictator of television and command that The IT Crowd stay on forever. Am I right?

      Delete
  4. I'd be sure to invite you to my iPod party if that was the case!

    ReplyDelete